Monday, November 25, 2013

Charline von Heyl

  
  

  Best known for her abstract paintings, Charline von Heyl works with collage sometimes as well. She will sometimes begin with a found graphic image to incorporate into her work but she works intuitively. She does not begin with preconceived ideas for her art but instead allows her decisions throughout the process dictate the work. Intuitively, she composes work that borders visual representation and absolute abstractness. Through different methods of mark making she creates work that tows the line between chaos and unity. 
-Erin Hall

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoy this artist' great graphic instinct. I can relate to her technique because I work in a similar way for many of my pieces or series. I love allowing the work to guide me, despite what the result might be. There is beauty in the marks brought by a random eruption of creativity and she captures that in her compositions in an awesome way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Hannah this artist has a great sense of graphic design and I love how they incorporate it with painting. My favorite painting is the one at the bottom

    ReplyDelete
  3. With the face. This one is my favorite because of all the different layers they used to build the face up and then put it next to the flat poked dots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The face is by far my favorite....it feels so 3-dimensional and alive. But the hair is what truly catches my eye with the curls and branching out. Its visually stimulating....

    ReplyDelete