Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Lou Ros

Lou Ros is a French artist whose paintings first caught my eye due to their "unfinishedness." Though some areas lack concrete forms other exemplify it. Layers and layers, drips and spills, flat and 3-D areas combine into tumbled masses. There is something exciting about his painterly juxtapositions. As Ros himself put it, "for some people no doubt, my paintings are easy or even weak, because I give up when things get complicated. I see it more as a search. As I often say, "I let the viewer imagine their own end." And then there's the lassitude of finishing things… I'm more interested in a search of freedom and strength in an unfinished painting than the perfection of a well-finished canvas…"

 




 http://www.louros.fr/

Meri Wright FA13 Vogel

 


1 comment:

  1. I agree that these paintings are successful due to there "unfinished" look, I enjoy the collage-like qualities given to some of the paintings. The processed look is always one I enjoy and i believe that Ros' technique provide more interesting subjects to the paintings as well create a distressed tone to the work.

    ReplyDelete